Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My father's college friend who later became an actor, Steve Keats





(February 6, 1945 – May 8, 1994)


I remember sitting down with my mom and sister and my dad already sitting down before us at the diner we usually ate one evening during the work week and noticed his sober demeanor from his usual lively audible talkative self. I noticed he was barely able to touch his lox and bagel and I knew something must really be wrong because that was one of his favorite foods and he took delight in feasting on. His head was slightly bent down and it took him awhile to explain what he was upset about and what had happened to his friend . I remember how shaken he appeared while trying to compose himself and tell of his friend's tragic death my dad looked like he had been visited by a ghost and felt it pass right through him.